1. Collection of Personal Information
“Personal Information” is any information about an identifiable individual including information that can be used to recognize, identify or contact a specific individual, such as a name, address, email address, birth date or gender. We collect Personal Information through a variety of means, including:
- Ticket sales and programs;
- Merchandise sales;
- Volunteer programs;
- Tax receipts; and
- Communications of relevant news or
2. Use of Personal Information
RCGW uses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the information, goods, services and programs that you have requested from us (together, the “Requested Services”) and to communicate with you in respect of the Requested Services (including, for example, invoicing, changes/enhancements and renewals);
- Unless you request otherwise, to provide you with RCGW related marketing materials and information that may be of interest to you, including, for example, campaign materials, promotions and event news;
- Unless you request otherwise, to provide you with marketing materials and information in respect of our donors, corporate partners and/or sponsors, including, for example, special offers, promotions and event news;
- If you enter a contest or other promotion offered by RCGW, to administer the contest or promotion, in accordance with its rules and applicable laws; and
- To satisfy other reasonable, legitimate charitable
RCGW does not use Personal Information for purposes other than those listed above, except with the consent of the individual or as permitted or required by law. We retain Personal Information only as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes for which it was collected or as required by law, and your consent to such purposes(s) remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
RCGW will only disclose your Personal Information to third parties and/or affiliates:
- Where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your Personal Information for a specified purpose;
- Who are acting on our behalf as agents, suppliers or service providers, and solely to enable us to provide you with the goods, services, programs, contests, promotions and information that you have requested or otherwise consented to or to improve upon the These entities act on behalf of RCGW in these circumstances and are required to maintain the confidentiality of all such Personal Information. Certain of these entities may be located outside of Canada and therefore your Personal Information may be stored and processed outside Canada and may be subject to the laws of other jurisdictions;
- If you enter a contest or other promotion offered by RCGW, to administer the contest or promotion, in accordance with its rules;
- To develop and customize products or services to better meet your needs and preferences and to offer you products and services.
- As part of a reorganization, merger, sale or amalgamation with another entity, or a sale of all of RCGW’s assets. Personal Information will be among the business assets transferred in these circumstances; and
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of any RCGW policies, or as otherwise permitted or required by
RCGW does not disclose Personal Information for purposes other than those listed above, except with the consent of the individual or as permitted or required by law. We do not disclose credit card account information provided to us except to the appropriate banking institutions or payment processing provider in order to process a credit or debit authorization for payment, or to resolve a dispute. In no event will RCGW trade, license, rent or sell your Personal Information in any manner.
held in the strictest confidence and is protected by industry standard best practices. We make commercially reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information from loss, theft, unauthorized access, copying, use, modification, disclosure and destruction by establishing and maintaining appropriate security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information provided, however, neither RCGW nor any of the companies within the Rogers group of companies assumes any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet.
5. Electronic Communications
We will communicate with you by way of email and other forms of electronic communication only if you have consented to us doing so or if such electronic communications otherwise comply with Canada’s anti-spam laws.
6. National Do Not Call List
7. Contact Us
Rotary Club of Guelph Wellington
PO Box 1637 Station Main
Guelph, Ontario N1H 6R7
E-mail : email@example.com
8. Notification of Changes